REFILL YOUR LIGHTERS WITH COLIBRI PREMIUM BUTANE
Be sure to use Colibri Premium Butane, which is specifically designed for Colibri lighters. The canister is pressurized at 45 psi,and is the cleanest available.
Use of other brands of butane with unknown levels of contamination and pressure may clog the butane feeding systemand affect the performance of the lighter.
PRIOR TO REFILL
• Refill/empty only in a well ventilated area.
• Never attempt to refill or empty near any heat source, sparks or flame.
• No smoking during refilling or emptying.
• Be careful not to activate the ignition system during refilling or emptying.
• Keep the lighter cover closed.
• NEVER ATTEMPT TO IGNITE THE LIGHTER DURING REFILLING OR EMPTYING.
• Take precautions against static charges. Read warnings on butane refill canister. Hold away from face when refilling or emptying.
• Read warnings on butane refill canister.
• Hold away from face when refilling or emptying.
1. All air should be removed from gas tank in order to refill to maximum capacity. Hold lighter in vertical upside down position and depress filler valve with ballpoint pen or small screwdriver until hissing stops (see Fig.1).
2. Set the flame adjuster to the lowest position (-). (See Fig.2 for diagrams of three types of adjusters).
3. Refill lighter in upside down position (see Fig.3).
4. Press nozzle tip on valve and press down firmly for 4 to 5 seconds.
5. To check if tank is full, hold lighter in vertical upside down position and depress filler valve with ballpoint pen or small screwdriver (see Fig.1). If liquid is expelled, stop immediately: the tank is filled to capacity. If your lighter features a fuel-level viewing window, a small air bubble will be visible even when tank is full (for safety, lighter gas tanks accept only 85% liquid butane capacity).
6. Warm lighter in hand for 10 seconds. Wait 2 minutes before igniting. This will allow excess butane to evaporate, and lighter to reach room temperature. If a hissing sound is heard, do not attempt to ignite. Return for service.
7. Rotate flame adjuster 1/4 turn (+).
8. Ignite and adjust flame to desired height. If you have a problem refilling your lighter, empty tank and repeat steps 1 through 7.
IGNITING YOUR LIGHTER
To ignite, open cover of lighter and press ignition. To extinguish, release ignition switch and close cover (see Fig.1). Note, some Colibri lighter models have a single-action, automatic cover that opens and closes with the pressing and releasing of the ignition (see Fig.2). For flint lighters, open cover and turn roller bar clockwise.
WARNING: Flint lighters do not self-extinguish; close cover to put out.
CARE AND HANDLING
Never touch the catalyzer spring or the electronic piezo spark wire. This may cause damage or alter its position and prevent the lighter from working.
For long-term reliability, clean burner chamber periodically with compressed air. This will keep it free of dust, tobacco and carbon build-up which may affect performance of lighter.
To avoid damage, tip of compressed air canister must be kept at least 1” from top of burner.
Deliver three short bursts of air into burner.
Let lighter reach room temperature before igniting.
Should flame begin to flicker in normal use, it indicates lighter needs refilling.
If lighter is not to be used for a long period of time, flame adjuster should be set to maximum (+). When lighter is in use again, readjust to desired height.
Flint lighters ignite by means of a serrated wheel striking a piece of flint. To avoid damage to wheel by metal flint pusher, flint should be replaced before completely exhausted. For optimum performance, occasionally clean the serrated wheel with a stiff non-metal brush. Always use Colibri Premium Flints. They are sized and hardened for optimum performance. Flints of unknown size and hardness may damage spark wheel, resulting in need for service.
1. Depending on type of lighter, remove flint screw (see Fig.1) or slide flint compartment cover back until lock button pops up (see Fig.2, 3 & 4).
2. Remove old flint. Tap lighter on hard surface to remove flint particles.
3. Insert new Colibri flint into slot.
4. Replace flint screw or press lock button.